Monday 4 January 2010

Transplant clinic

Well I have just been to transplant clinic, Unfortunately I am not listed... yet but I didn't expect to be, we discussed the things that posed added problems with my underlying condtion, they transplant team are willing to take a risk they said even if they are 80% sure that it is the right way to go they will take that risk if I am willing to. They said they obviously have some hope it could work out and could be listed as otherwise they wouldn't be assesing me. one the things they are worried about and they no means of finding out is will my wegener's granulomatosis attack my new lungs and in how long a week, a year 20 years but thats gamble they are willing to take again if I want to. The other major concern is, is the airway where they sew the new lungs on damaged if so then really there is no point in transplant as the new lungs won't heal and will just pull away which is the main cause of rejection in early days. They were also a tad confused at the damage in my lungs as it my disease doesn't usually present like that also what causes these sudden dips in health when it isnt caused my infection. I hope all this makes sense and no doubt it has lots of mistakes.
I would like to congratulate rachael wakefield on her media work recently which has so far resulted in 3000 people signing the organ donation register she literally is a lifesaver and can proudly say I am glad to know her and be her friend
I would also like to thank Rob skinner for being such a great friend and being there for me when I needed someone to talk to.
I had a fabulous christmas at home with my family, I managed to get home on christmas eve. I spent the day with my cousins and the evening with the rest of my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents it was lovely having three generations in one room. New year was good, I spent it talking to a very good friend on msn and watching fireworks from the window. I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New year.
Take care all xxx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Ayesha, I am glad to have such a great friend like you :)

    ReplyDelete